- This event has passed.
Women/Trans*/Femme Bike Touring
April 16 @ 1:00 am - April 17 @ 11:00 pm
One event on July 7, 2022 at 1:00 am
This Spring/Summer, the Iowa City Bike Library, Johnson County Conservation, and Bur Oak Land Trust are teaming up to bring you a Women/Trans*/Femme Bike Touring Adventure Series. We will be cycling to public use areas and campgrounds, and each session will offer additional activities such as kayaking, hikes with a naturalist, foraging, fishing, and plenty of conversation around conservation. Mark your calendars: April 16/17, May 21/22, June 18/19
This event is inspired by a larger movement towards gender inclusivity and racial equity in cycling and the outdoors, and by Johnson County’s FIND. initiative. All you need to start bike touring overnight is three things: a bike, a way to carry some gear (rack and pannier), and a love of adventure.
Here is a more extensive list of bike touring/packing gear, and if you only have a few things on this list–that’s OK! You gotta start somewhere and we are here to help.
April Bike Tour
- Tuesday, April 5th & 12th 6 – 8 PM: pre-ride meet up at W/T/F Night-come with questions!
- Saturday, April 16th 1 PM: meet at the Bike Library for a 13-mile ride
- Sunday, April 17th 10 AM: pack up and return to Iowa City
Timeline and activities:
- 2:30/3:00 Stopover Event: Pechman Creek Delta
- 3:00 – 5:00 Activity: Hike with a Naturalist or Kayak
- 5:00 – 6:00 Destination: River Junction Campground
- 7:00 Campfire Discussion: Woman in Conservation
You will be on your own to pack your meals and if you want help with that or to collaborate with other rides come to the Tuesday April 12th WTF Night.