- This event has passed.
Bicycle Tech Thursdays with Sugar Bottom Bikes
March 30 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
One event on March 9, 2023 at 6:00 pm
One event on March 23, 2023 at 6:00 pm
One event on March 30, 2023 at 6:00 pm
One event on April 6, 2023 at 6:00 pm
An educational workshop series designed for the aspiring athlete and mechanically curious bike riders. Flat tire repair, Brake and Shifting adjustments, and Tubeless Tire Repair. Let’s get together and wrench!
If you want to learn some essential mechanic skills drop by or call in at (319 626 2326) and talk to your clinic leader Cole to sign up. (Sorry no walk-ins, you must sign up to attend.) The classes will be at the shop starting at 6pm each Thursday night during March.
- March 2nd – Brake Adjustments (Cable actuated Rim & Disc) – Learn about common adjustments on both RIM and DISC Cable actuated brakes. (There will be a little bit more to learn about on the RIM brake side of things here).
- March 9th – Flat Tire Repair – Learn common causes of flats, and what you need to fix them.
- March 23rd – Tubeless Tire Repair/Tire Plugs – Gravel Grinders unite, We will show you some different systems for repairing tubeless tires out in the field, as well as talk about sealant and allow everyone to practice plug installation on our practice tire setups.
- March 30th – Brake Adjustments (Same as March 2nd Clinic)
- April 6th – Shifter/Derailleur Adjustment – Basics of cable tension, alignment, and limits.
If any of these sound like a skill you would like to tuck into your repertoire, give Sugar Bottom Bikes a call or stop in to sign up! Each class requires a $20 deposit, which they will put on your account and can be spent on anything in the store.