There’s nothing quite like riding your own adventure. But it can also be a whole lot of fun to join in a group ride. The local bike shops and clubs in the Bike Iowa City community offer many options for group rides every week. Below is info about some of the folks who regularly organize group rides in the area. Be sure to check the Bike Iowa City Event Calendar for additional rides that might be happening on the date you want to ride with fellow cyclists.
- Bicyclists of Iowa City (BIC): Paved trail riding, road rides, and regional touring for all levels of riders.
- Geoff’s Bike and Ski: Road rides, townie trail rides, ladies’ rides, and others, plus Find them on Facebook and Instagram.
- ICORR (Iowa Coalition of Off-Road Riders): Occasional group mountain bike rides (as well as races and time trials) will be publicized on the ICORR Facebook page.
- Sugar Bottom Bikes: Road, gravel, and mountain bike rides plus find them on Facebook.
- World of Bikes: Gravel, bikepacking, touring, and other rides plus find them on Facebook.
- Iowa City Bike Library: Beginner-friendly, trails and secret passages. Find them on Instagram.